Mommy makeover surgery in Newport Beach or Temecula renews your breasts, tummy, and other areas affected by pregnancy. The board-certified plastic surgeons at United Plastic Surgery can help you enhance your look, whether your children are toddlers, teens, or adults. Dr. John Larson and Dr. Phuong Pham will look after you with kindness, understanding, and a variety of personalized procedure options.
Before & After Photos
This feature contains nudity. Please click OK to confirm you are at least 18 years of age and are not offended by such material.
What is a mommy makeover?
Mommy makeover surgery is a custom combination of breast enhancement and body contouring procedures performed at the same time. Although the procedure corrects the effects of pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding on a woman’s body, you don’t have to be a mom to have a mommy makeover. By having procedures performed together, you can improve multiple areas with a single surgery and recovery period.
What is typically included in a mommy makeover?
Your mommy makeover is customized to your physical characteristics and cosmetic goals. Here are some of the more popular components of a mommy makeover:
- Tummy tuck tightens lax abdominal skin and repairs separated muscles (diastasis recti).
- Liposuction removes pockets of fat from the belly, waist, hips, thighs, and more.
- Breast enhancement surgeries such as breast augmentation, a breast lift, and breast reduction improve breast and areola size and shape.
- Labiaplasty reduces and reshapes enlarged inner labia (labia minora) that can cause physical and emotional discomfort.
During your initial consultation, Dr. Larson or Dr. Pham will meet with you to discuss the changes you have in mind, perform a physical exam, and customize a surgical plan. Your surgeon will ensure the combination of procedures you want is safe for a single surgery. You will have plenty of time to ask questions and have your surgeon address your concerns.
Meet Our Plastic Surgeons
Dr. Larson and Dr. Pham are experienced, highly trained board-certified plastic surgeons united in their dedication to superior patient care and surgical outcomes. They are committed to each patient from the initial consult to surgery to a personal phone call after surgery and beyond.
John V. Larson, M.D.
Board-Certified PLASTIC SURGEON
Phuong M. Pham, M.D.
Board-Certified PLASTIC SURGEON
What happens during mommy makeover surgery?
Our plastic surgeons perform mommy makeover procedures using a general anesthetic. Depending on the combination of procedures and your preference, you can go home on the day of surgery or stay overnight in a nearby hospital. The length of surgery typically ranges from 3 to 6 hours, depending on the specifics of your mommy makeover. After surgery, your surgeon will place you in a supportive surgical bra and compression wraps on treated areas.
How long does it take to heal from a mommy makeover?
Depending on your procedures and individual factors, you will need about 2 to 4 weeks of downtime after mommy makeover surgery. Tummy tuck surgery has the most significant recovery; however, our surgeons administer a pain medication called EXPAREL® during surgery that controls pain for the first few days when it’s needed most.
Here is a general timeline of mommy makeover recovery milestones:
- Sutures removed: 7 to 10 days
- Bruising fades: 2 to 3 weeks
- Walking upright becomes easier: 2+ weeks
- Return to work and nonstrenuous activities: 2 to 4 weeks
- Allowed to stop wearing compression garments: 4 weeks
- OK to resume sleeping on your stomach: 4 to 6 weeks
- Swelling dissipates: 2 months
- Resume strenuous activities: 6 to 8 weeks
- Results become visible: 3 months
- Final results: 6 months
Your actual recovery timeline will vary with the procedures you have performed, your pain tolerance, and other personal considerations.